You Were Made For This
A 6-Week Court-Mandated Parenting Class
Building on the skills you already have as both a parent and an individual, this class meets the requirements for court-ordered parenting classes. Or, if you are in a profession that requires attendance reporting for a parenting class (i.e., caseworker, DCCCA, lawyer, pastor, etc.), enroll in this course.
The class meets on Wednesdays for six weeks from 4:30 PM – 6 PM. To reserve your spot, please make a payment of $50 per person. Caseworkers and probation officers will have access to weekly-updated progress reports of participants. In this class, you will learn:
- How to be an emotion coach for your child
- Stages of child development and healthy attachment
- Different parenting styles and how to identify the style from your family of origin
- Discipline techniques and how to respond to your child’s misbehavior
- How to maintain healthy boundaries with your partner
- The different and equally important roles of mothering and fathering
Available Upcoming Class Start Dates:
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 (no class week of September 5), 4:30 PM-6 PMCLOSED
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022, 4:30 PM-6 PM
Class meets once a week on Wednesdays for six weeks. The cost for the class is $50/person for the entire 6-week course and must be paid in full before the first class.
Find payment information following the sign-up form.