“You Were Made For This”
A 6 Week Court-Mandated Parenting Class
Building on the skills you already have as both a parent and an individual, this class is specially designed to meet the requirements for court-ordered parenting classes. The class meets on Wednesdays for 6 weeks from 4:30-6 PM. Payment of $50/person must be made to reserve your spot. Caseworkers/probation officers will have access to weekly updated progress reports of participants. In this class you will learn:
- How to be an emotion coach for your child
- Stages of child development and healthy attachment
- Different parenting styles and how to identify the style from your family of origin
- Discipline techniques & how to respond to your child’s misbehavior
- How to maintain healthy boundaries with your partner
- The different & equally important role of mothering & fathering
There are no more available class dates for 2019. Check back in December for 2020 class dates.
Class meets once a week on Wednesdays for 6 weeks.
COVID-19 Update: At this time, it is unknown if the April round of classes will take place. We encourage you to go ahead and complete the sign-up form. If plans change, you will be contacted with updates. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Next available class start dates:
- April 15, 4:30-6 PM
- June 3, 4:30-6 PM
- July 22, 4:30-6 PM
- Sept. 30, 4:30-6 PM