- The “Baby Shower In a Box” with an average of $350 worth of newborn baby supplies.
- Monthly supplemental supplies (diapers, wipes, formula etc.) through the babies first year of life.
This 6 week class covers components of a healthy and intimate couple relationship; however application can be applied to a variety of relationships. Class explores:
- How to effectively handle conflict
- Foundations of a healthy relationship
- The 5 Love Languages (by Gary Chapman)
- Components of healthy communication
- Developing emotional intimacy with your partner
No more class dates available in 2018. 2019 class dates will be posted by December 15.
This 6 week class is based on research finding showing that children who acknowledge, label and work with their emotions:
- Perform better in school
- Demonstrate increased communication skills; and
- Maintain higher-quality peer and family relationships
Participants will identify their parenting style, and learn key principles for emotion coaching children.
No more class dates for 2018. 2019 class dates will be posted by December 15.
BYOB (BRING YOUR OWN BABY), SIGN-UP FOR A DATE AFTER THE BABY IS BORN (& within their first year)
Love Connections is a unique 4 session group involving hands on training and practice with parents (or caregivers) and their babies. Each session will help baby form a secure attachment with parents. The theme of each session includes:
- Neurological benefits
- Attachment theory
- Baby Massage
- Literacy Research
Attendees will receive incentive materials to be used during the session and later with attachment activities at home. This group offers research, ideas and practical guidance to new parents who desire to have their baby form a secure, healthy attachment with them. Following the start date, groups are held on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month.
There are no more classes available for this year. 2019 class dates will be posted by December 15.
Childbirth Education classes are a one-day class designed for first-time mothers, but anyone is welcome to attend. Class runs from 10am-4pm with a break for lunch. This is the place to get answers to common questions and information about your concerns regarding labor and delivery. We discuss:
- Labor Anatomy and Terminology
- The Process of Labor and Delivery
- Pain Management During Labor – Relaxation, Breathing, Positioning, Medications
- Cesarean Birth and Other Labor Interventions
- Information about Your Newborn
- Personal Care after Delivery of Your Baby
- The Role of the Support Person in Labor and Delivery
Classes are taught by a Certified Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner and are available eight times per year. Bring a pillow or two for labor practice. You are encouraged to bring one support person with you to class. You will need to sign them up on a separate registration.
Next available dates:
- Dec. 6
- due dates Jan. 1-Feb. 15, 2019
- Jan. 10
- due dates Feb. 16-March 31, 2019
- Mar. 7
- due dates April 1-May 31, 2019
- May 2
- due dates June 1-July 25
- June 27
- due dates July 26-Sept. 30
- Aug. 22
- due dates Oct. 1-Nov. 15
Para obtener información de clases en Español, oprima aquí.